As Easter holiday approaches we reflect on last year at this time. Because of Covid 19 we were robbed of celebrating the Resurrection as we have in past years with sunrise services, pageants, dinners with family or church members, Easter baskets and treasure hunts for the kids. This year may not be much different. Even if we are restricted to the number of people in the service, limit our singing or be required to wear masks, it does not take away from the sacrifice that Christ made for all of us while we were still in our sin and addictions. He died so we could be forgiven and made a way We will celebrate the risen Christ and the victory that He has won for each of us. We will give the Lord praise and exalt His name. Let the celebrations begin!
This is a great time to share your faith and make Jesus known. Here are some ideas to incorporate in your celebration.
- Pray for your country and for those who serve to make you safe.
- Pray for the persecuted Church around the world.
- Pray for the Missionaries and those working in difficult situations sharing the Gospel.
- Invite people to a small group and share the victories God has given you during this past year.
- Reunite with family that have been separated because of government restrictions or divided because of political affiliations.
- Take food to your neighbors or find out what other needs they may have.
- Give to those in need. Rally community support to help those in your circle of influence.
- Enjoy all that God has given you and don’t forget to share with others what God has prepared for them.
Nehemiah 8:10 “Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!”
Christ has risen! He has risen in deed. Blessings,
Dennis and Diane Teague