In 1977 Dennis and Diane Teague went to Mexico as part of a team speaking at a pastors’ conference. After a half dozen short trips to Mexico and several to Asia, the Teague’s resigned the church and went to the Philippines as full-time missionaries in 1983. Dennis wrote series of booklets on the Bold as a Lion theme from Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one is chasing them, but the righteous are bold as a lion. This became their mission name until 1988. At that time Dennis and Diane with Diane’s brother, Dennis Caturia, and his wife, Cindy, started a mission called ‘Mission Concepts’ which operates under Rivers of Grace Church covering.
Dennis & Diane Teague
- After the Second World War Dennis’ family moved from Wyoming to the Northwest where they built a log cabin near Tumwater, WA. Dennis graduated from Tumwater High School in 1965. Dennis received a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Western Washington State University in Bellingham, WA in 1970.
- Diane’s family relocated from Wisconsin to Lakewood, WA when her father was stationed at Ft. Lewis. She graduated from Clover Park High School in 1966 and received her BA in Education at Western Washington State University in 1970.
- Dennis and Diane met at Western in 1968 and were married on April 12, 1969 at St. Francis Cabrini Church in Lakewood, WA.
- Dennis was teaching grade 7 and 8 mathematics and physical education when Jesus invaded his life on April 10, 1971.
- In 1975 he was licensed and sent out with a team from Christian Life Church in Lacey, WA, as pioneer pastor of Word of Life Fellowship, now called Gateway Christian Fellowship in Shelton, WA. He was ordained in 1976 and pastored for 8 years.
- After several short trips to Mexico and Asia, the Teague’s turned over the pastorate in 1983 and were sent out as missionaries to the Philippines. Dennis was involved in starting Bible schools, evangelistic meetings, and church planting. He pastored Taytay New Life Fellowship in Taytay, Rizal from 1988-1991. Diane ministered the Word, midwifery, and medical clinics while home schooling the children.
- Dennis received a Master of Ministry (1988) and a Doctor’s Degree in Theology (Missions) in 1990 from New Covenant International University in Palm Beach, FL.
- In 1991 Dennis received certification to teach ESL from Seattle University.
- In 1992 they went to Albania with Storehouse Ministries. They maintain relationship and periodically visit the church there.
- In 1993 they lived in the Philippines at the Taytay church and ministered in Vietnam and Malaysia.
- From 1994-99 they were with Target Ministries living in Hong Kong and spending two years living in SW China targeting an unreached people group with prayer and literature development.
- They returned to the USA in July, 1999. Dennis was recovering from knee and gall bladder surgery. Diane nursed her mother in their home for over a year.
- In July,2000 they began pastoring a new church plant called Rivers of Grace in Olympia, WA.
- In January of 2001 they started a second Rivers church on Sunday evening in nearby Mason county. Dennis and Diane serve as pastors of these churches with a mature team of elders.
- Dennis has written several books on missions and Spirit-filled ministry. (See list below)
- In 1988 Dennis and Diane with Diane’s brother, Dennis Caturia, and his wife, Cindy, started a mission called ‘Mission Concepts’ which is under Rivers of Grace Church. Teague’s mission work functions under M.C. In the last twenty five years they have traveled to Thailand, Philippines, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Liberia, and Nepal. They preach and teach in Bible Schools, Fire of God Conferences, pastors’ seminars, Churches, as well as personally with missionaries and ministers.
- Dennis and Diane Teague have four children:
- Joy is married to Elmer Matienzo with 2 daughters. They served as missionaries with Every Nation in the Philippines, India, and currently in Spain.
- Donald, a business man, is remarried to Myra. They have 4 sons and 1 daughter.
- Hope is married to Nate Bowling. She teaches high school English in Tacoma, WA. He teaches high school Government and Social Studies.
- Faith is a Registered Nurse working around the world.